kcbmwclub.com

The Official Forum for the Kansas City BMW Club
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: 2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:23 am 

Selling a hard-to-find 2003 540i M-Sport (only ~1,200 units shipped to the US in the final year of the E39 production). This has been a spectacular car, but unfortunately it recently developed rod knock and the motor has to be replaced. At any other time, I would not hesitate to proceed with buying the new motor, but I'm currently dealing with health issues and don't have the extra money to spend. I have no idea why the motor failed, as I have taken exceptional care of the car and religiously followed "Mike Miller's Old School Maintenance Schedule". I don't anticipate any other issues outside of the motor replacement.

As far as options, the car is loaded and includes heats front seats, Nav, automatic rear window share, and premium audio.

Tyler from KC Autosport has located a motor and quoted me a price of $5,400 installed plus tax. The motor would also include a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty.

The car has 114,171 miles on it. The going rate at that mileage is approximately $12,000. I'm willing to sell it for $4,500 in it's current condition.

Here's a plug for the E39 540i (particularly the M-Sport) if you are unfamiliar with it:
http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/four-reas ... 1659284463

For pictures, see my CL ad: https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6273198737.html