It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Second Saturday - Coffee Meet -- Panera Bread - E. Central
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 pm 
BMW Nut

Second Saturday - Coffee Meet

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Panera Bread -- 3333 E. Central

Join us for some coffee, pastries and good times in Panera Bread at 3333 E. Central. Corner of Central and Hillside.
We start wandering in around 09:00am and are usually there 'til at least 11:00am.
Occasionally, an impromptu photo shoot takes place, either during the meet or after.
Catch up on all the winter scoop and look into the future for upcoming activities.

All are welcome.

Post subject: Re: Second Saturday - Coffee Meet -- Panera Bread - E. Centr
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:41 pm 
BMW Nut

Second Saturday - Coffee Meet -- Panera Bread

Great turnout this morning.
We had at least twenty in attendance with at least 15 different BMWs.
Everything from an E21 320 and five E30 325s along with three or four E39s (including Dave's gorgeous blue M5) and four or five E46s (including two hot M3s) and two or three E90s and Frank's red hot Z3 M Roadster. Nice selection. All we needed was Tom's 435, Brian's M6, a Z4 and an F30 or two to make a full house. ... :<)

It was great to see some old friends and a lot of new faces.

So glad that Melody Matulewic from Scholfield Luxury Collection joined us. We talked about possible upcoming activities for the BMW Club and possible co-op events with the Porsche Club.

The Panera worked well for us. They have a couple of rooms in the back that are just right.

Spring is almost here. Time to really enjoy our BMWs. Maybe a little casual drive through the Flint Hills might be in order ... ? ... ?

Hope to see you all next month.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:09 pm 

Hey Dennis:

Sounds like it was a great turnout this AM. Unfortunately, I had to do tough duty in San Diego, great place to be, but it's not home. My travel schedule has been pretty crazy. Shoot, I may not be in town for a Saturday meeting until July!

You mentioned joint events with PCA. What do you have in mind? Who is planning these? As you know I work with Tom Z (PCA) and he heard from Jason (BMW CCA) that there may be something in the works and asked me about it. My answer was, I haven't heard of anything. Please let me know what has been discussed and I can let Tom know so the PCA guys can be in the know too.

Sounds like there are some fun ideas for events on the table. Hopefully we get some to happen and make the Wichita subchapter a little more active.

Hope to see you at a Saturday meeting or perhaps a PCA autocross sooner!

John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:27 pm 
BMW Nut

Hi John – you missed an enjoyable gathering! Ideas and possibilities were popping out all around the table. I don’t know anything definitive, just that Melody mentioned the concept of joint ventures among the local German car clubs again. Tom Z (PCA) approached the BMW Club a couple of years ago with the idea of joint activities, primarily autocross if I remember right.

Our schedule is hectic too (a mess) - hope to run into you at an upcoming event.

Dennis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 am 

Dennis:

Thanks for the reply. Maybe Melody could invite the clubs together for an event at the dealership to get discussions started. Porsche and BMW are currently under the same roof, so it shouldn't be too difficult for her.

The PCA autocrosses are great events and are always on the table. I've been to a couple where there were nearly as many BMW's as Porsche's.

Talking with Kathy, it sounds like some good ideas for club activities have been thrown out on the table. The ones that she mentioned to me are (in no particular order):

The KC group is talking about doing a rally to Weston and/or a weekend trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
DIY session(s) at the garages on the Airforce base.
A road trip to OKC to participate in the OKC BMWCCA chapter's autocrosses. They are held at a police training facility, so the course looks to have a much different feel than we get in Yoder.

I'm sure there were other ideas, but these were the ones that stuck in my head.

Hopefully we can generate enough interest from the Wichita members to make some or all of these happen.

John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 pm 

Second Saturday - Coffee Meet

Hey everyone! It's time for the April Second Saturday meeting (4/11). The meeting will be at Panera Bread at 3333 E Central. Folks will start showing up around 9 AM. There was a great turnout in March, let's keep the enthusiasm going.

Everyone is welcome.