kcbmwclub.com

The Official Forum for the Kansas City BMW Club
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: An introduction from your 2010 Wichita sub-chapter leader
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm 

Greetings one and all !

Happy New Year as the newly elected Wichita leader under the Kansas City chapter of the BMWCCA. Not sure I can claim a true victory since I ran unopposed, but am happy to be here any way you look at it.

I have owned over 65 trucks and automobiles during a 38 year span, in a wildly varied list of makes and models. For the last 10 years however, vehicle transfers into and out of the household have been increasingly biased toward BMW to the point that currently; we only have BMW’s in our garage and driveway. The exception is a Chevy pickup truck – it pulls the trailer I employ to bring BMW projects home.

My devotion is not a case of Bavarian elitism, as I recognize (and agonize) BMW’s deficiencies and failures just as I genuinely appreciate and salute exceptional cars produced by other manufacturers. Simply put: for my tastes and preferences in an automobile, no one does it better – for me - than BMW.

BMW loyalty spread to my youngest son Alex with his second car, an E24 purchase while in high school. Driving that classic coupe helped him make a career decision. He is well into his fourth year at Joe Self BMW and expects to earn his Master Technician certificate in 2010.

My goal this year is to expand interest and membership in the Wichita BMWCCA chapter. I’ve got to believe a number of people in the local Wichita area share my passion, and will be motivated to congregate from time to time. I have a few ideas to make that happen, but cannot succeed alone. You are encouraged to get involved ! Let me know what YOU want to do. Send me an e-mail: prairiemann@gmail.com or give me a call: 788-2866

Living the dream - in OKC...